In this sermon, Rev. C.H. Spurgeon explores the idea that the church of Christ is meant to be a blessing to others. He emphasizes that God’s purpose in choosing a people is not only to save them, but also to use them as instruments of blessing to the whole human race. Spurgeon encourages believers to recognize their role in being a blessing and to actively seek opportunities to bless others. He also reminds them that as they fulfill this calling, God will shower them with His blessings.
- What does it mean for the church of Christ to be a blessing to others? How can we fulfill this calling in our daily lives?
- Why is it important for believers to recognize that God’s purpose in choosing them is not only for their own salvation, but also for the benefit of others?
- How can we overcome our own limitations and fears in order to be a blessing to those around us?
- What are some practical ways we can be a blessing to our community and the people in our lives?
- How does the idea of receiving showers of blessing from God encourage us to continue being a blessing to others?
- How can we cultivate a mindset of gratitude and humility as we experience God’s blessings in our lives?
- What are some specific areas in our lives where we need God’s showers of blessing? How can we pray and seek God’s provision in those areas?
Dear Heavenly Father, we thank you for the message of this sermon that reminds us of our calling to be a blessing to others. Help us to recognize the opportunities you place before us to show your love and kindness to those around us. Give us the courage and wisdom to step out in faith and be a blessing in our community and in the lives of those we encounter. We also ask for your showers of blessing in our own lives, Lord. Pour out your grace, mercy, and provision upon us, and help us to always be grateful for your goodness. In Jesus’ name, Amen.