In this sermon, Rev. C.H. Spurgeon proclaims the eternal nature of the name of Jesus Christ. He emphasizes that while the works and religions of man may fade away, the name of Jesus will endure forever. The sermon explores the enduring nature of Jesus’ religion, the honor of his name, and the saving power of his name.
- Why do you think it is significant that the name of Jesus Christ will endure forever?
- How does the eternal nature of Jesus’ religion provide hope and assurance for believers?
- What are some false religions or systems of belief that have risen and fallen throughout history? How does this contrast with the enduring nature of Jesus’ religion?
- How does the power of Jesus’ name bring transformation and salvation to individuals, as seen in the examples of the thief on the cross and the dying saint?
- What are some ways in which the honor of Jesus’ name is displayed in the world today? How can we personally honor his name in our lives?
Dear Heavenly Father, we thank you for the eternal name of Jesus Christ. We praise you that his name will endure forever and that his religion, honor, and saving power will never fade away. We pray that you would help us to reflect on the significance of Jesus’ name and to honor him in all that we do. May his name be exalted and glorified in our lives and in the world. In Jesus’ name, Amen.