In this sermon, Rev. C. H. Spurgeon reminds us of the importance of remembering Christ and the tendency we have to forget Him. He emphasizes the need to keep Christ at the forefront of our minds and hearts, and the benefits that come from remembering Him. This study guide will help us reflect on the message of the sermon and apply it to our own lives.
- Why do you think it is so easy for us to forget Christ, even though He has done so much for us?
- How does the presence of sin in our lives contribute to our forgetfulness of Christ?
- What are some of the things in our lives that distract us from remembering Christ? How can we overcome these distractions?
- How does remembering Christ give us hope, especially when we are burdened by our sins?
- In what ways can remembering Christ help us in times of temptation and persecution?
- How can the remembrance of Christ bring us comfort and strength in times of sickness and suffering?
- What are some practical ways we can remember Christ in our daily lives?
Dear Heavenly Father, we come before you with grateful hearts, thanking you for the gift of your Son, Jesus Christ. We confess that we often forget Him and allow other things to take priority in our lives. Help us to remember Christ and keep Him at the center of our thoughts and affections. Give us the strength to resist distractions and the courage to face persecution and temptation. May the remembrance of Christ bring us hope, comfort, and strength in all circumstances. In Jesus’ name, we pray. Amen.