In this sermon, Rev. C.H. Spurgeon emphasizes the importance of faith in the life of a Christian. He explores the object of their solicitude, which is faith itself, the desire of their hearts to have their faith increased, and the person they turn to for help, the Lord. This study guide will help you reflect on the message of the sermon and apply it to your own life.
- Why is faith important in the life of a Christian? How does it relate to salvation?
- What are some of the graces and virtues that depend on faith? How does faith serve as the foundation for other virtues?
- How does faith bring comfort in times of trouble? Why is it important to have a strong and growing faith in difficult circumstances?
- Why is it necessary to continually seek an increase in faith? How does a growing faith enable us to fulfill our duties and serve God more effectively?
- How does faith help us in our battles against spiritual enemies? How does it give us courage and strength to overcome obstacles?
- What role does faith play in our understanding and realization of heaven? How does it enable us to see beyond the present circumstances and have hope for the future?
- Why is it important to turn to the Lord for an increase in faith? How does God play a vital role in the growth and strengthening of our faith?
Dear Lord, we come before you today and acknowledge our need for an increase in faith. We recognize that faith is essential for our salvation and for living a life that pleases you. We ask that you would increase our faith in its extent and intensity. Help us to believe more of your Word and to trust in your promises. Strengthen our faith so that we may be able to endure trials, overcome our enemies, and fulfill our duties. We acknowledge that without faith, we are lost and without hope. We surrender our doubts and fears to you and ask that you would increase our faith. In Jesus’ name, Amen.